We believe Littlegreen is a very special place in which to learn, work and grow both inside and outside the classroom. We are committed to providing the very best education for our pupils, providing them with meaningful, personalised learning experiences which promote their development and support them to become as confident and independent as possible as they move forward into the next stage of their lives.
As you find out more about Littlegreen you will discover an academy that is creating the most stimulating learning environment with inspirational teaching, a relevant and challenging curriculum and an active partnership with families and the communities in which our pupils live, work and socialise. We are a caring school that works hard to provide a safe, well supported and happy place of learning where everyone feels valued.
We believe that Littlegreen Academy is a place where pupils can flourish in a caring, safe and secure environment. We focus on attachment friendly practice aiming to encourage pupils to enjoy and feel motivated to learn. Each member of our team has a critical part to play, a chance to grow and develop, move forward and focus on the belief that all things are possible.
We work closely with parents and carers in order to achieve our vision which describes what we aim for our pupils to achieve and “be like” by the time they move onto the next stage of their learning journey.
The pupil of the future leaving our school will:
- Have ambitious and realistic plans for their future lives with the skills and confidence to realise them
- Have gained independent thinking and learning skills that can be transferred to adult life
- Have a positive attitude to learning and life and be motivated to continue learning when they leave school
- Achieve relevant and useful qualifications to enable them to move onto the next stage of their education
- Feel confident, self-assured and proud of their achievements
- Be resilient and able to manage challenges and change in a positive manner
- Take responsibility for their own decisions and actions
- Be able to form positive relationships with other young people and adults
- Be kind, considerate and respectful and be a positive role model
- Be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Understand what they need to do to keep safe and be able to make healthy choices
- Support the values of the school and the community
- Understand what is right and wrong and make good choices
- Show respect for others whatever their culture, religion, gender or sexual orientation